Tuesday, 24 October 2006

Eurofiction Task 1 - Result

The results of the first Eurofiction Task were published yesterday. Out of 48 people I did... very well! I'm not sure if we are allowed to tell people where we placed but as some people have used their real names (I used a pen name) I imagine we are. I came third! I'm very chuffed and the 27 points (30 for first, 28 for second, 27 for third. What happened to 29?) I gained are looking very healthy on the leaderboard.

There are still nine tasks to complete (Task 2 has to be in next Tuesday) so I have to, fingers crossed, keep up this kind of standard for a while yet to stay in the running for first place (I don't think there are prizes for second and third). Anyway, last week I started writing my story for the second Task but...

a) I got bored as I was writing it
b) I wrote 1,000 words and not all that much had happened
c) I had no idea how it would end
d) I had no idea how to inject crisis into it (apart from the initial crisis)

...so I've decided to dump that idea for now. Luckily, on the train up to London last night, I came up with a new idea. It's not the same prompt as my original Task 2 story (it's another sci fi prompt - and NO I'm not turning into a geek) , but the story interests me a lot more. However, with my b'day tomorrow (day off), work on Thursday, b'day meal on Friday night and D's gig on Saturday I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to find the time to write it before next Tuesday's deadline. That said I wrote the last entry the day before the deadline so maybe I'll have to do that again.

Feeling a bit of internal pressure to make this another good one tho' and that's a bit worrying. Don't want pressure, just wanna write for fun. Anyway, let's see what happens.

No comments: