Monday, 13 November 2006

Eurofiction Task 3 - Done!

Hooray - 3 stories down, 7 to go.

When I first started this competition/challenge I thought "One story every two weeks - no problem." In actual fact it's been a lot harder than I thought to write a story that often (and to a set of prompts). So far I've used the first week to think and mull over a few ideas and the second to get writing. I started this 3rd story on Friday before I went away for the weekend and finished it tonight. I'm quite pleased with it. It's in the second person, something I haven't done before. I don't think it's up there with the first story I wrote, but it's - I think - better than the second one.

This Thursday and Friday is the Children in Need writeathon. Last year I raised £200 and wrote 15 stories over 27 hours. This year I'm aiming to raise and write more. I've raised £266 so far so it's looking good - now I just have to write the stories. I'm a bit nervous because I know how tiring it is and there's that ever present fear of getting blocked. Still - I'm excited too - there's a great feeling of comraderie on the night and the buzz you get when you send in story after story is amazing.

No comments: