Monday, 11 December 2006

14 Day Drought Quenched

Hoorah! Writing drought over (for now). After my miserable 'I can't be arsed' post the other day I'm glad to announce that I've actually written something! Yes, after fourteen days of writing wilderness I pulled my finger out tonight and wrote my Task A5 entry for Eurofiction. I so nearly, nearly gave this task a miss but the thought of my overall ranking falling even lower than it currently is was more than I could bear so, despite not having a single idea in my head, I sat down with the laptop this evening and told myself to 'just bloody write something'. Slowly, slowly an idea started to form and, just over 2,000 words later, I finished it.

I'm still superstitious about saying anything about it until after the scores are announced so I'm saying nothing. Well, apart from this, the judges will either love it or hate it. Either way, I know there's a market for this kind of story so, unless it comes first in this heat (ahem, yeah right) I'm going to polish it and sub it.

I will finish Eurofiction. I will I will. I'm going to complete all 10 tasks come hell or high water*.

*Apologies for the cliche-fest that is this post but I'm all worded out.

No comments: