Wednesday, 31 January 2007

A hit at last!

Found out today that one of my stories received a Highly Commended in the Jacqui Bennett Writers Bureau comp. I really, really, really needed that.

*breathes a sigh of relief*

I guess you get addicted to the high of hits and then, when you don't get one for a while, or when you just seem to be getting rejection after rejection, you start to believe that you'll never get another hit and that everything you write is shit (okay, maybe just me then!)

What's even better is that I've entered this comp three or four times and this is the first time I've got anywhere so, even though I didn't win any money and the story wasn't published on the website, it feels like a real achievement.

And, filled with renewed vigour, I've just sent the story to another comp. If it has legs let it run (oooh, that was cheesy!)

2 comments:

Sally Quilford said...

Well done, Cally!

Cally Taylor said...

Thanks Sally :o)