Monday, 12 February 2007

"Blood and Water" published in Slingink anthology

My short story "Blood and Water", which was shortlisted in the Slingink Short Story Competition 2006 (final 19 out of 300 entries) , has now been published in their nicely produced anthology "The Book of Possible Loves" (named after the winning story).

I'm particularly pleased that this story has finally been published. It's one that I wrote back in 2005 when I first decided to get 'serious' about short story writing. And, in a way, it's an homage to my late Grandmother.

If you'd like to check out the kind of stories that get short listed in short story competitions you could do worse than buy this anthology (and you'll get to read my story as well):

Slingink Shop

Or, if you're looking for a friendly, free UK-based writers' community check out Slingink itself:


Slingink

No comments: