Monday, 23 April 2007

Can I Speak to Elvis, Please?

Someone just rang my mobile and said "Can I speak to Elvis, please?"

"Elvis?" I said.

"Yeah. Oh, sorry, I think I've got the wrong number."

I think there must be a short story in there somewhere.

Talking of short stories I did write a short story last night (much to my surprise!). Great, I thought when I'd finished, a 1,500 word story on the theme of 'seven' for the Lymm Festival comp (I won a Highly Commended there last year). I googled the comp so I could print out the entry form...

Oh dear. New Lymm Festival rules this year 'your entry must fit on a single side of A4'. My story was 3.5 pages of A4!

Ah well, rather than brutally chop my story (which I really quite like) to get it down to a single side of A4 I'm going to write something new for Lymm and send my story somewhere else instead.

Still can't quite believe I wrote some of my novel and a short story last night. Just goes to prove what happens when you turn off the TV and put some music on instead (well, for me anyway)

2 comments:

Quillers said...

Well done on both, Cally. Sometimes one lot of writing leads to another.

Re your Lymm entry, you could send it in Times New Roman 2pt ;-)

Cally said...

Ha! I did think about reducing the font size and taking out all the paragraph breaks but I suspect most of the judges might not take too kindly to that (I'd bet money on the fact that people do end up using pretty small font sizes though!)