Sunday, 29 April 2007

A Very Speedy Poetry Hit!

Remember that poem I talked about in my last post? Well at 2pm today I subbed it to "Poetic Hours" (a print poetry magazine that donates all profits to charities). At 6.20pm I got an email saying they would like to publish my poem in the June edition of the magazine!

If you've got any poems that need homes hurry over to:

http://www.poetichours.homestead.com/contactpage.html

and submit a poem. You only have until 1 May to submit a poem for the June edition of the magazine. (Submissions for the autumn edition will only be considered between 15 June - 15 October)

8 comments:

Quillers said...

Oh wow, Cally! That's brilliant. Well done indeed. Not bad for someone who thought she was rusty...

Quillers said...

BTW I've sent in three. I'll let you know how I get on!

Anonymous said...

Incredible!

You must have a natural talent for that sort of thing.

Maybe your talents are wasted on chick lit?

Cally said...

Wasted? Absolutely not.

Anything I enjoy writing isn't a 'waste'.

Quillers said...

Hear hear, Cally! It takes talent to create and write an enjoyable chick lit novel and having had a sneak preview of the innovative storyline, I've no doubt you've got it in droves.

A. Writer said...

Well done Cally!

Thank you for the comment on my blog last night. Still feel a bit wobbly but better than I was.

I'm a little stressed out at the moment and I guess I started thinking too much.

alwayswrite said...

But why waste talent on something that is so throwaway?

It would be like Van Gogh spending all his time painting cartoons

Cally said...

"It would be like Van Gogh spending all his time painting cartoons"

Thanks for comparing me with Van Gogh!

Look...

This is my blog, this is my novel and this is my writing career. If I want to write something literary I will. If I want to write something for the horror genre or the sci-fi genre or for children I will. If I want to write a chick lit novel I will. Why the hell shouldn't I?

Your comments may be well intended but I find them offensive and so, I suspect, may some of the other people who visit this blog so I'd prefer it if you kept them to yourself.