Nichola tagged me!
Here are the rules as posted by Turning Pages:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here are my eight random facts...
1) I am six foot (which makes me feel like Giant Woman when I go out with my five foot and a bit friends)
2) You know the really ear-splittingly-loud whistles you hear at gigs? I can do that (thumb and middle finger style) - though am frequently asked not to by people standing close by.
3) I have freakishly long toes and can draw (rudamentary) pictures by holding a pen in between my toes (potentially useful if I ever become hand-less. Not sure I could touchtype with my toes though so let's hope that never happens)
4) I have a bit of a phobia about pips in fruit (especially oranges) and gag horribly when I get one in my mouth (which, I'm sure, is utterly charming for anyone in the immediate vacinity). On the same subject I also have an aversion to the ends of bananas and have to break them off before eating the rest of the banana.
5) I've seen, and had my hair touched by, a ghost. I have never, ever been more terrified in my life.
6) When I gave up smoking eighteen months ago I took up knitting so I'd have something to do with my hands when I was watching TV and ended up knitting a doll complete with jacket, hat, nappy and booties as a present for a pregnant friend! Haven't done much knitting since but am still off the fags (although I'm now addicted to nicotine gum unfortunately)
7) When I was a child I coveted the large, brown birthmark on my uncle's hand. He was/is a potter and an artist and I believed that, if I could somehow grow a birthmark on my own hand, I'd become as talented as him.
8) I'm left handed which apparently means I see the world differently from right handed people.
So okay...now I sound like an Amazonian, whistling, hobbit-toed, pipaphobic, knitting, brain-damaged, ghost fearing, birthmark-wanting freak. Was this meme deliberately designed to expose people's inherent strangeness or is it just me?
I tag Sally, Jen, Chris H, Liz F and ummm... (do eight people actually read this blog?)...anyone else that hasn't done it already!