Monday, 28 May 2007

Novel progress - 2/3 written!

I really didn't think I'd hit the 60,000 word mark today (there just didn't seem to be enough hours in the day) but I thought I'd try and bash out a few words anyway. I only had an hour and, after 800 or so words, reached a bit of a sticking point (and thought "I'll just put this bit off until tomorrow") but I really wanted to hit 60,000 words today so I ploughed on and then, just as my hour was up - 1,946 words had been written and I'd hit my target! Two thirds of the novel written.

And breathe.

Last night I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean (3). It was....long. In fact there was an intermission (though no one sold ice cream). I hadn't experienced an intermission in a film since I was a child so it was a little unexpected (I thought the film had broken). So - how was the film? Slow (obviously) and it could have done with a real trim but it was still enjoyable (though not as enjoyable as the first two). I fidgeted quite a lot so I'd be very surprised if 12-years-olds didn't get the tiniest bit bored. I'd give it 6/10. Worth seeing at the cinema for the special effects but not worth buying on DVD to re-watch.

4 comments:

SallyQ said...

Well done on reaching the target, Cally! You're doing so well!

I'm not a Pirates of the Caribbean fan but I was looking forward to this as Chow Yun Fat is in it as Sao Feng, though not quite looking his gorgeous self. Think I might give it a miss after what you've said.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

2/3 - yee hah!! I found it got quicker after that, I know everyone's different but I hope you do too.

Don't think I'll bother with PotC then - I found the first one mildly diverting but couldn't be bothered to watch the second.

liz fenwick said...

Well done. Like Zinnia I find the pace picks up at the end.

Saw the film with the family yesterday. All enjoyed it and only the seven year wiggled. I'd give it a 7/10

Helen said...

Just hit the 70,000 word mark myself which is about two thirds of the way for me too. It's very exciting isn't it? To see real progress being made. I am all bouyed up but I think that might be too much caffeine as well as the excitement of my writing!