Sunday, 6 May 2007

Words and films

Just a quick one because I'm off to bed...

WORDS
1,230 words of the novel written today. Had to battle to get them written as I'm nearly at the end of my eight scenes (the ones I scribbled an outline for the last time I felt blocked) and I wasn't sure what was going to happen next. Still mulling that over.

FILMS
On Friday night I went to see Spiderman 3 at the cinema - was really looking forward to it but...oh dear, it wasn't very good. The first hour or so was quite good and after than 4+ different plot lines got horribly interwined and it dragged. Very disappointing.

Tonight I watched a DVD called Angela-A which is a French film (subtitled) by Luc Besson (the same guy who directed "The Fifth Element". Oh my god it was wonderful. It was the sort of film that really resonates and aches - it just sticks inside you long after you've finished watching it. I sooooooooooo recommend it. Now if I could just write a short story (or indeed a novel) that has the same effect on other people as that film had on me I'd die one very, very happy woman.

4 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Well done on the word count. Will you plot again now or just wing it?

Quillers said...

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Spiderman, Cally. I know you were looking forward to it. Angela-A sounds good. I'll have to look it up.

Well done on the novel word count!

Cally said...

Liz - yeah, I think I'm going to have to plot again. I know what happens between now and the end of the book in a vague sort of way ie. the big and smaller crises but I'm not 100% sure how they link together. I always thought I'd be a 'wing it' kind of author but apparently that approach makes me grind to a halt! At some point in the next few days I need to sit down with a notebook, scribble down the major plot points and work out how they link together!

Quillers said...

I thought I'd replied yesterday saying well done, but obviously didn't. Well done on the word count, Cally!