Thursday, 28 June 2007

Snow Patrol ROCK!

I went to see Snow Patrol at the O2 venue (inside the Millennium Dome) last night. It was supposed to be a private gig for fans and Millennium Dome workers but there must have been 20,000 people there. It was packed! That said I managed to get fairly close the the front and had a perfect view throughout.

After a fairly quiet start (the seated members of the audience looked, in the words of Gary Lightboy (Snow Patrol's singer) like they were "watching Wimbledon") the audience started to warm up and the atmosphere became electric with people jumping up and down, punching the air, clapping, singing along and generally just having a brilliant time.

The acoustics in the venue were amazing and the light show and video screens were stunning. Snow Patrol were on top form, joking, smiling and buzzing throughout. They played a heart-wrenchingly beautiful version of "Make This Go on Forever" (my personal favourite) as well as their hits - "Chocolate", "Run", "Open Your Eyes" but the climax of the night was the absolutely brilliant rendition of "Chasing Cars." Ooooh goosebumps!

If you get the chance to see Snow Patrol live don't miss it! This gig goes down as one of my top 5 gigs of all time.

Here are some more of my photos of the night:



All photos: Snow Patrol gig - 26 June 2007 - o2 venue - copyright me.

4 comments:

A. Writer said...

You lucky lucky person! I would love to see Snow Patrol!

That's yet another low point of living where I do. No one ever comes here and when they do, they play in the crappiest, smalliest, most awful venue we've got and it's almost impossible to get tickets and the atmostphere stinks due to the awful venue!

Never been to a gig in my life.
Sad, really... :(

CTaylor said...

Oh A - you're so missing out! Can you not get to Edinburgh or Glasgow easily? I'm sure Snow Patrol did a gig there recently. Maybe you could go with a friend and stay the night in a youth hostel or cheap b&b or something?

You MUST get yourself to some gigs. When it's a good one there's nothing else quite like it.

A. Writer said...

It's unfortunate that my taste in music differs from most of my friends.

Glasgow and Edinburgh are easy to get to but it's a fair bit to travel to be honest.

You see this is another reason why I want to leave Dundee, nothing good happens here, so I long to go somewhere else!

Ace Athena said...

There's a great post about Snow Patrol at RickRedux.com.