Sunday, 29 July 2007

Back!

I'm back after five wonderful days in Aberystwyth. We were really lucky with the weather and the sun was out most days. We strolled along the promenade, took the electric railway up Constitution Hill to the biggest Camera Obscura in the world and took the steam train to Devil's Bridge (and missed the last train back by five minutes and had to get an £18 taxi back to Aber - oops!).

Started reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the train there (all 4 and 3/4 hours of the journey) and finished it a couple of days later. I won't say anything about the book in case people haven't read it yet, but I did enjoy it. I also picked up a few book bargains in the local second hand shops when we wandered round the town including "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami and "Unless" by Carol Shields. It's good to be reading again after so much time spent writing.

No writing news to report apart from a couple of rejections. I've now had three weeks away from the novel and am raring to get starting on the editing. More about that as I get going.

This week is going to be interesting. I'm getting my kitchen done and have had to totally clear it in preparation. The living room is crammed with pieces of the new kitchen and my bedroom is absolutely stuffed with pots, pans, cutlery, crockery and..um...my old fridge/freezer and microwave. To get into bed I have to jump from the door. Hmm - should be fun if I have to go to the loo in the middle of the night!

No comments: