Monday, 9 July 2007

Short story hit - Sedbergh Festival of Books and Drama 2007

A week or so ago I mentioned that I had some exciting news about a short story hit at a competition.

Well I've just received the confirmation I was waiting for...

My short story "SuperEd" was awarded joint first prize in the Sedbergh Festival of Books and Drama 2007 short story competition and will be broadcast on BBC Radio Cumbria at the end of August when the festival takes place. The theme for the competition was 'freedom', written in under 1,000 words.

My first radio broadcast! And a BBC radio station no less! I'm so excited.

As I live so far away I won't be able to read out the story myself but it will be read out by a very eloquent man called Stuart Manger. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to the story over t'internet or the 'listen again' function. I'll let you know the details nearer the time if you'd like to listen too.

If you live in or near Cumbria and love books and drama I suggest you immediately go along to the Sedbergh Festival website (linked above) and check out what's on.

7 comments:

leatherdykeuk said...

What excellent news!

Please do post further details. I'd love to hear it.

SallyQ said...

Oh Wow, Cally! Excellent news. Well done!

A. Writer said...

That's amazing! Well done! I'd love to listen to it!

Jen said...

Wow, it's all happening at once for you! Definitely post the link - we all want to listen!!

A. Writer said...

Just popping on to tell you I've nominated you for a Rockin' Girl Blogger award! ;)

CTaylor said...

Thanks everyone. Will definitely post a link/more info nearer the time. I was told that if there's no 'listen again' function they'll send a CD of my story being read so I'll upload that if that's the case.

A.Writer - thanks so much! I've never been nominated for anything before.

Kate.Kingsley said...

Excellent Cally ~ can't wait to hear it!

Kate K