- edit my novel
- write a sci-fi story for a competition
- send four short stories off to competitions
- turn at least one of my eight short story ideas into an actual story
- start planning out my idea for a children's novel (am contemplating writing it in October so I can send it into the Times children's novel competition before the 7th November deadline)
- stayed up late watching trash TV on Friday night
- had a long lie-in on Saturday (I'm talking 1pm people!)
- read some more of In Search of Adam in bed
- took a walk down to the beach and lay in the sun as the waves lapped at the shore
- watched a good film (The Science of Sleep)
- tackled my jungle of a garden
- sat on my balcony and read the Sunday papers
- watched more episodes of America's Next Top Model than is healthy
And it was GREAT.
I've been putting far too much pressure on myself writing-wise recently and I really needed some R&R. I feel so much better for it.
Other pleasant surprises this weekend included a copy of Neil J Hart's book Spritz in the post (I fully intend to start reading very soon). Thanks Neil :o)
So, a very, very relaxing weekend all in all but I have a confession to make - I edited some more of my novel tonight. I've now completed over a third of the first draft. Yay!