Monday, 3 September 2007

What do you think of when I say "forbidden friends"?

Well get thinking because Vanda from http://www.writespace.co.uk/ is running another short story competition. Regular readers of this blog will know I was a runner up in the last competition and received £15 worth of vouchers that I used to get a writespace critique of the first couple of thousand words of my novel (I could also have used the vouchers to enter future writespace comps).

Anyway, this time around the theme is "forbidden friends" and the maximum word count is 1,000 words.

Closing date is 31 October 2007 so get your thinking hats on. It's £5 to enter (for an extra £5 you'll also receive a critique of your short story).

And the prizes...

1st place wins £150
2nd place wins £100
3rd place wins £50 plus free writing course

10 runners up receive a £15 voucher to use on writespace services.

To download an entry form click here.

Or go to http://www.writespace.co.uk/ to read the winners of the last competition.

p.s. If you don't know the first thing about writing a short story I highly recommend you get a hold of "Creating Short Fiction" by Damon Knight

4 comments:

HelenMH said...

Hi

Thanks for the reminder of this one. I'm a bit of an obsessive short story competition enterer so I might give it a go. So far though, the theme isn't suggesting anything much to me. I will have to wait for inspiration!

Sarah*G* said...

Thanks for that Cally. Will definetley give it a go! Not done too many short stories recently but what the heck! Gotta at least give it a go!

A. Writer said...

As soon as I read the title 'Forbidden Friends' I got an idea straight away! So I think I might enter this comp. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Helen said...

You know, I might just have a go at that...thanks!