Friday, 19 October 2007

One final post...

...to say HOORAH! I set myself a target last month to write and sub two short stories to themed comps before 31st October. One I wrote in September and sent at the end of the month and the second I finished today and will be sending off tomorrow. I normally let a short story 'rest' for a week before I edit it and send it out but, because time is short, I had to resort to plan B. So, I wrote it tonight, then changed the font and size (to fool my brain into thinking I'm reading someone else's work) printed it out, read it aloud and edited it several times before I popped it into an envelope.

Soooooooo nice to actually achieve something on my 'to do' list. Now I can enjoy my week off feeling all self-satisfied (instead of guilty). Hoorah again.

Back on 30th October.

14 comments:

Bernadette said...

Well done, Cally. Good luck with the comps and enjoy your break.

SallyQ said...

Well done, Cally. Enjoy that weekend (which you'd already earned with all that hard work on the novel!)

Caroline said...

Well done you! Have a great holiday x

A. Writer said...

You've been so busy! Enjoy your break!

Sarah*G* said...

well done! have a great break!

KayJay said...

Just to say, have a fab holiday! Well deserved. Kx

Lane said...

Hurrah! Well done you. You'll enjoy your break even more now:-)
x

Emerging Writer said...

Did the different font fooling technique work at all? I have such a bad memory that if I leave a story a couple of days, I'm hazy about it's origins and a couple of weeks might as well be forever!

liz fenwick said...

Well done and enjoy the break :-)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Congratulations! Hope the break is good.

Bear said...

Have a nice break! x

Middle Ditch said...

How lucky are you! I have been writing scripts for seven years and no one wants to know! So, I said to myself I'll do it myself. I wrote Middle Ditch, got a couple of friends together, recorded it and put it on middleditch.blogspot. Check it out.

Monique

It will be all write said...

Hi there Cally

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been an avid fan of your blog for a while now ( it all started with the Miss Write Competition ). It would be nice if you could mention me in one of your blogs. I have two posts but am totally new to this blogging thing and have NO technical skills at all. Look forward to hearing from you and I hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Kind Regards
XXX

CTaylor said...

Thanks for the comments all! :o)

Emerging - the technique sometimes works but it's not foolproof unfortunately. The only thing that DOES work is seeing one of my stories published on an online ezine - then I spot loads of faults but by then it's too late to do anything about it. Maybe the answer is to save my document as an html file and look at it that way?