Wednesday, 14 November 2007

A Meme (in place of a post!)

While I wait for my blogging mojo to come back here's a meme I stole borrowed from Juliette's blog.

Five Gentlemen I'd Like To Have Round for Tea:

Josh Holloway (aka Sawyer in Lost) - he'd be the eyecandy
Stephen Fry - he'd be the witty/intellectual one
Paul Merton - he'd make me laugh
Eddie Veddie (lead singer of Pearl Jam) - he could sing to me (and be eyecandy too)
Paul O'Grady - he'd be the caustic/sarcastic one

Five Ladies I'd Like to Lunch With:

Fern Britton - she'd make everyone snort tea out of their noses
Jo Brand - for her wit and humour
Margaret Atwood - so I could pick her brains about writing
Martha Wainwright - she could sing to us
Colleen Nolan (or Carol McGiffin - both from Loose Women fame) - they'd be a laugh

Four People I'd Like To Meet in Heaven
(excluding family and friends):

Marilyn Monroe - I'd like to find out if she was more than just a pretty face (also whether she killed herself or was murdered)
Louis Armstrong - he could sing "What a Wonderful World" to me and make me feel more chilled about being dead!
Kurt Cobain - we could reminisce about grunge
Roald Dahl - he could tell me stories to keep me entertained


Four Material Things I Couldn't Live Without:

My laptop
My mp3 player
My bed
My books

Four Things I COULD Live Without:

The London Underground during rush hour
My debts
Writers block/blips in self-confidence
Rude people

Three Books I Would Save From a Burning Building:

The Faraway Tree - Enid Blyton
1984 - George Orwell
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

Three Books I Would Throw Into a Burning Building:

P.S. I Love You - Cecilia Ahern (couldn't finish it)
Brick Lane - Monica Ali (couldn't get into it)
Crystal - Katie Price/Jordan (along with anything else masquerading as fiction and 'written' by a celebrity)

Five Songs That Make Me Happy:

Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
Valerie - The Zutons
Big Sur - The Thrills
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Pretty in Pink - Psychadelic Furs

Five Songs That Make Me Cry:

Almost Blue - Alison Moyet
Don't Smoke in Bed - Nina Simone
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Hurt - Johnny Cash
You've Changed - Joni Mitchell


Two Things I Wish I'd Invented:

Google (I'd be a multimillionaire by now)
The Sandwich (it would be quite cool for my surname to be immortalised)

Okay and now I'm going to tag 5 people. I'll go for A.Writer, Sally, Lane, HelenMH and Fiona.

p.s. I finally got round to putting some of my post-clearout stuff on ebay at the weekend and am now addicted to checking my listings to see how high the bids are! Roll on some extra cash to spend on Christmas presents!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Will you still be my friend if I tell you I read all the way through P.S I Love You? I might also have actually read it a second time, not because it was so good but because it was so bad that I wiped all memory of the first reading from my poor, tortured mind.

XXX Kellie

Lane said...

oh I'd love to be at your tea party (and lunch do:-)

Thanks for tag. I was just thinking I need one for a rainy day:-)
x

HelenMH said...

Ooh, thanks for this one Cally. I was just thinking as I was reading it what intriguing questons they are! I'll start thinking of some answers!

A. Writer said...

What a great Meme! I'll be doing that tonight!

P.S. Could I have a chicken Salad Taylor?

SallyQ said...

Oh I like this meme. Thanks Cally. I'll fill mine in asap (I must get some NaNowing done today as I'm in danger of losing that mojo!)

Strange how two people on your dinner party list might be on mine too. Stephen Fry and Jo Brand. They're both highly entertaining and for all Jo Brand's apparent sharpness, I get the sense she's a thoroughly nice woman.

angelesque said...

I love this! Also am very excited by my book choices as they are so like mine!!

any way, back to whup you on Scrabulous*

A xx

*be denied due to my pitiul appreciation of strategy and your far superior vocab!

angelesque said...

...cont...

http://angelesque.blogspot.com/

Here's my meme anyway...

A xx