Thursday, 22 November 2007

p.s.

Hooray for ebay. When I trot down to the post office tomorrow with a bag full of parcels my flat will be free of 11 bits of junk saleable items and I will be £100 better off. Just in time for Christmas too. Nice! Now I just need to decide what to do with the other 15,000,000 items that are cluttering up my flat.

p.s. Guess what the central heating men said to me today? It's something I've never heard before - not from the diy store kitchen team, the bathroom fitter, various people who have come to give me a quote for something, Jehovah's witnesses (not really) and all tradesmen that have ever visited -

"It's a tiny flat isn't it?"

Really? I hadn't noticed.

7 comments:

Leigh said...

Makes you wonder how much they earn doing central heating!

HelenMH said...

xfwcelkI keep meaning to take all my saleable items (sorry - I mean junk) to a car boot sale. But I'm too lazy and it's too cold!

Lane said...

It's not tiny, it's bijou. Big difference:-)
x

Kellie said...

It's not small, it's compact.

And next time you get the JW's round tell them the flat used to be alot bigger but all the dead bodies of the last JW that called is taking up all the space....

SallyQ said...

What Lane said. Also it's in Brighton. According to Homes Under the Hammer (yes, that's how I waste my mornings) even broom cupboards there are highly sought after. As long as you can stand on a box, look out of the loo window, crane your neck and see the road leading to the sea ;-)

DOT said...

e-bay frightens me. I keep meaning to pluck up courage to sell stuff to raise desperately needed dosh but back off the moment I hit the site. And I am not really a technophobe, just an e-bayphobe.

Kate.Kingsley said...

I love a good de-clutter (except I tend to leave far too many years between them!).

I have been managing to shift a bit of stuff through ebay myself recently too ~ problem is I then spend what i make on more stuff, so I'm no betteer off financially or in terms of house space.....