Monday, 17 December 2007

Hit at QWF!

Good God. I just received an email from Kathie at QWF (Quality Women's Fiction) to let me know that my story "The Healer's Wife" will be published in the January 2008 issue.

Am so, so, so chuffed as QWF was on my list of journals/magazines I wanted to crack this year and, just at the last minute, I have!

I've had such good news this month that I can't help but think my luck will change soon and something horrible will happen (I know, I know, it's supersticious silliness but...you know...when you're a natural pessimist like me a spate of good news tends to freak you out a bit!) Anyway, I've got a nice warm glow now (and that isn't just the two Christmas candles burning on the desk beside me!)

p.s. Went to see "Cinderella" at Brighton Theatre Royal this evening. I hadn't been to see a panto since I was a kid and it was just as much fun as I remembered. Not sure it used to cost £24 a seat when I was little though!

13 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Cally, that is fantastic, you are on such a roll, I love checking in here to find out what the latest bit of good news is! Be happy, enjoy, celebrate - you deserve it.

Cathy said...

You are really on a roll.Enjoy!

Cx

Lane said...

Oh well done Cally. That's brilliant news!!!

ChrisH said...

Congratulations - lovely news, you've done really well. Here's wishing you all the best for 2008 too.

SallyQ said...

Well done, Cally! This is really turning out to be your year. I know what you mean about expecting bad luck to follow. I used to feel the same, then I turned it around and decided that it's the bad stuff that happens first, then we get the good stuff to make up for it :-)

When you consider all the problems you've had with the flat this year, I reckon you've earned your good times.

Debs said...

Congratulations, it's always so uplifting to hear good news.

HelenMH said...

Well done Cally. Brilliant. What a fantastic end to the year you are having!

Helen said...

I am once more amazed at your industriousness. Well done on your hit, and richly deserved.

A. Writer said...

Well done cally! What a fantastic way to end the year! Pat on the back for you!

KAREN CLARKE said...

More great news - it's like Christmas has come early!

liz fenwick said...

Blogger ate my last comment :-(

YAY!!! Well done! Keep it up!

Lucy Diamond said...

Well done!!! Great news!

PS I went to the panto at the Brighton Theatre Royal last year - Aladdin starring Chico from X Factor. Oooh, it was fab!!

SpiralSkies said...

OMG, that is so great! You must be floating on air.

X