Monday, 24 December 2007

Just sneaking back to say...

I've had more wonderful news! I found out yesterday that I WON the Children in Need Flash Marathon. I am totally, totally gobsmacked. Forty or so of the highest scoring entries were sent to Tom Dooley at Eclectica to judge anonymously and he chose one of mine as the winner. It'll be published on the site at some point in the future and I'll also receive some prize money (no idea how much yet). But gosh...wow...what a great Christmas present and totally unexpected :o)

In other news I've spent most of Christmas Day penning my entry for the fourth round of Eurofiction (to be in by 27th December!) and I've just sent it off! It's probably not the best story I've ever written (it was written in the living room with a glass of mulled wine in one hand, the TV blaring in the background and my family chatting and laughing around me) but it's a story and it's been sent (I promised myself I'd write a story for each of the 10 rounds of Eurofiction comes hell or high water and so far I have).

I still have to outline novel #2 but that can wait until after Christmas (I'm not a complete masochist!).

Happy Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a happy, stress-free day :o)

6 comments:

JJ said...

Oh Cally, congratulations. That's fantastic news. I think it's wonderful finishing/starting the year with such positive news. It bodes well for the year to come.
JJx
PS Happy holidays (missed the 25th deadline!)

KAREN CLARKE said...

Wow, you are doing seriously well at the moment Cally! Well done, and here's to more good news in 2008!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Did I say you were on a roll? I reckon you're on a whole loaf! Congratulations - and I agree with JJ, I think 2008 will be an even better year for you than 2007 has been. France will be selling out of champagne at this rate!

HelenMH said...

Well done you! That's amazing news. Good that all your hard work paid off!

Leigh said...

Well done, Cally!
I delight in your successes!
Keep it up!

Gonna be a writer said...

Congrats!