Is it called a meme because it's all me, me? No idea, but I was tagged by JJ and Sally so I'd better do it. Luckily it's not as long as the last one (and it might push it off the end of this page so it won't look like I spend all my time filling out memes!).
Anywhoo.... here we go...
The small print: Link to the person that tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on his/her website.
1. I was nearly expelled from sixth form for my messiness, refusal to wear the correct school uniform and general 'bad attitude' (I blame hormones. I was a perfect student before I turned sixteen).
2. I'm a compulsive hoarder. I find it really, really hard to throw things away.
Christmas cards from six years ago?
Yep, still got 'em.
Presents I don't like given to me by people I love?
I keep 'em all.
Writing magazines from two years ago that I think I might go back and consult again (but never do).
A huge box full.
It just goes on and on. I find it soooooooo hard to throw things away but, because I'm moving house at some point this year, I'm trying hard to be strong. Last week I had a huge breakthrough when I gave a charity shop a suede jacket I bought when I was 18 (and haven't worn since). That jacket has moved house with me eleven times and I was determined it wouldn't move a twelfth time!
The strange thing is a huge parts of me wants to be all minimalist and zen-like and not form emotional attachments with material things but I can't help myself. I'm too sentimental.
3) My extended family is huge. I have no idea how many first cousins I have in total but think it's over 50 (my Grandmother on my mother's side had eleven children - and she wasn't even catholic).
4) When I was ten years old I had a couple of out of body type experiences and thought I was an alien for about six months.
5) I nearly drowned whilst white-water rafting in Nepal 2006. For several weeks afterwards I had recurrent nightmares that I was trapped in a small room and would wake up pounding my fists against the nearest window in an effort to escape.
6) You know how, when you're little, you'd get different awards for swimming a certain number of lengths? When I was eight our games teacher took us all out onto the sports field to try out for the throwing awards. The first award was Bronze - 10 metres. Child after child stepped forwards, threw the ball and easily achieved the required distance.
I picked up the ball and chucked it as hard as I could.
I tried again.
Another go (kids started sniggering)
"Okay," said the teacher. "Throwing overarm obviously isn't working for you. Why don't you try throwing underarm instead?"
Frustrated and close to tears I stepped up to the line, extended my arm behind me, swung it forward and threw it as hard as I could...
It curved beautifully through the air and landed ten metres...
I decided not to try out for the silver and gold awards.
Ahem. Okay, enough about my embarrassing past. I now have to tag six people. I'm not entirely sure who's completed this so, er, am going to have to guess who hasn't done it...
So I tag Sarah*G*, Lucy Diamond, Karen Clarke, L-Plate Author and Jude.
If I haven't tagged you and you want to do it consider yourself tagged!
[Edited to add: Oh dear, I just realised that this meme was supposed to be about querks/habits and not about random facts about me. Ah well, that'll teach me not to read the small print properly. Can't be bothered to rewrite it. Hmmm...that phrase sounds familiar.]