Friday, 4 January 2008

Momaya Press

I received my copy of the Momaya anthology this morning (a much nicer surprise that the pile of bills that arrive with it!). It contains my story "C is for Cuckoo" but also stories by fellow bloggers SallyQ and HelenMH. It's the first time, I think, that I've been in an anthology with people I "know" and very nice it is too (even if it is slightly disturbing to see a huge photo of my face leering out from the bios at the back).
I haven't got time to read it today (I'm helping with a surprise birthday party for my sister's partner) but I look forward to dipping into it over the weekend (Sally and Helen's stories first of course!)

8 comments:

Lane said...

Well done Cally. And sallyg and Helen. How fantastic!!
Well deserved!

Sarah*G* said...

Well done to the 3 of you. I am still dreaming about the day I will be in print for something I have written rather than something about me.

SallyQ said...

It's a great anthology, isn't it, Cally?! I'm chuffed to be sharing the pages with you and Helen too. It makes it feel more special.

SallyQ said...

Just read your story, Cally. It was very moving and honest and held me thoroughly engrossed. Well done again!

HelenMH said...

Hi Cally

I've just received my copy too! Isn't it fab!? I love your story, so painful and emotional. Glad to be in the same publication as you and Sally x

Caroline said...

Congratulations to you all!
That's a great start to the year.

Leigh said...

Well, if it's got you three in it, I'd better get one.

It will be all write said...

Well done Cally ! And thank you for your supportive and encouraging comments. Although I must admit I still feel low about the whole thing. It really knocked my confidence and the whole thing was handled badly. Lets just hope 2008 brings a little good news............