I was going to take a week off writing before I started my rewrite but, seeing as I hadn't actually read my novel since the end of November anyway, there didn't seem much point and I got started yesterday.
I've re-written nearly 4,000 words since then (roughly two chapters) and read and marked up the first 50 pages (lots of scribbles in the margin that say "waffle", "boring" and "make this funny"). It hasn't been easy but, because I'd already edited the first 3 chapters roughly 50 million times, there wasn't a huge about of rewriting to be done. Mostly I've been tightening the prose, cutting redundancy and repetition and working on making it more amusing.
My biggest challenge will be to rewrite chapters 4-31 (ha!) but there's no hurry.
My new motto: polish, polish, polish and when I think it's gleaming, polish some more.