Saturday, 23 February 2008

Instead of doing any housework or redecorating today...

...I worked on my novel.

There's a huge pile of washing up in the kitchen, clothes on the bedroom floor, a bookcase that needs advertising on freecycle, a bin that needs emptying, groceries that need buying* and magnolia paint only halfway up a wall...

BUT

I've rewritten another 5% of my novel.

My aim is to reach 50% by the end of tomorrow night.

And thank you to L-Plate and A.Writer who are also editing their novels. Knowing I'm 'racing' them (even if just in a fun way) is really helping me to pull my finger out and rewrite, even when I really, really don't want to.

* The cupboards are bare so I'm going to treat myself to fish and chips for dinner!

37,232 / 82,023 words rewritten (45.3% of the novel)

5 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Keep going! The fish and chips sound yummy :-)

Debs said...

Sounds like you've had a most productive day. Mmm fish and chips, I think I could do with some of those too.

A. Writer said...

You're ahead of me. I'm hopeless today. I might do some editing later but I really don't feel up to it. I feel like I'm making excuses :(

Well done you!

(I'm determined to beat you though!);)

womagwriter said...

Ha! I cleaned half the house (that's a lot, it's a big house!) and did some decorating today. Not a smidgeon of writing though.

You're doing well with the editing - keep it up!

L-Plate Author said...

Fish and chips sounds perfect matey. Much better than my saturday night. The Bloke from Stoke came back from the shop with the DVD 300. Just had to come out of the way, it's so boring!

Well done on the word count, although I've already reached my target...Maybe that will spur you on even more x