Monday, 25 February 2008

Oscar Results - How did I Do?

Actor in a Leading Roll

My guess: Daniel Day-Lewis in "There Will Be Blood" CORRECT!

Performance by an actor in a supporting role

My guess: Javier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men" CORRECT!

Performance by an actress in a leading role

My guess: Julie Christie in "Away from Her" WRONG. The Oscar went to Marion Cotillard in "La Vie en Rose"

Performance by an actress in a supporting role

My guess: Tilda Swinton in "Michael Clayton" CORRECT!

Achievement in directing

My guess "No Country for Old Men" (Miramax and Paramount Vantage), Joel Coen and Ethan Coen - CORRECT!

Best motion picture of the year

My guess: "No Country for Old Men" (Miramax and Paramount Vantage) A Scott Rudin/Mike Zoss Production: Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers CORRECT!

Original screenplay

My guess: "Juno" (A Mandate Pictures/Mr. Mudd Production), Written by Diablo Cody CORRECT!

Adapted screenplay

"The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" (Miramax/Pathé Renn), Screenplay by Ronald Harwood - WRONG. The Oscar went to "No Country for Old Men".

So, six out of eight correct. Damn! I should have placed a bet ;o) Maybe next year!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Impressive, Cally!

HelenMH said...

Six out of eight is brilliant - I wouldn't have had a clue!

A. Writer said...

Well done! You did well!

Lane said...

Only two wrong!
You should be a betting woman:-)

CTaylor said...

Cathy - thanks!

Helen - Not bad. Next year I aim to get 8/8 right (and put money on it!)

A.Writer - Cheers luv. You did well too.

Lane - I think I will be (next year anyway!). I'm RUBBISH at the Grand National though.

Leigh said...

Ooh, that's freaky!

No, no, sorry, I mean highly skilled, and astute of you...!