Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Project 'Tart Up Flat'

No writing for, gosh, days now but project 'Tart Up Flat' is coming along nicely. Thanks to my lovely, lovely dad who came to visit for a few days I now have flooring in the kitchen. Yay! It's amazing what a difference it makes. I also have nice shiny chrome bathroom accessories (towel, loo roll and showerhead holders) instead of the horrible wooden jobs that have been painted so many times the paint must be at least an inch thick!

The plaster from the feature 'slot' in my fireplace is nearly dry but I've temporarily filled it with a clear vase and yellow tulips that my mum gave me. Now it looks like it was actually supposed to be there!

I've painted the hallway magnolia and started on the bedroom. Just the living room, bedroom and kitchen to do after that. I've found a letting agent nearby which will be very useful when I've finished and, thanks to my sister and her car, I've got rid of some of my old electrical stuff at Cash Converters and several boxes of books now live in a charity shop.

Hooray for my family!

The downside is, as I mentioned at the start of the post, I haven't done ANY rewriting and, funnily enough, I'm itching to attack it again. Probably won't get chance to do any work on it until Friday at least but hey, it's nice (and unusual) to feel enthusiastic about the task so that's something.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

I still remember how good it felt to get my flat sorted! Sounds like you've got loads done, you must be delighted.

L-Plate Author said...

It's still called working Cally. Your sub conscious is busy even if your fingers aren't. xx

Lucy Diamond said...

Blimey, you've been busy! Sitting down to write/edit will seem like a doddle after all that...I hope!

Lane said...

I'm always amazed cally by the amount of stuff you get done

well done you:-)

Leigh said...

Well done! I envy you. My project-room-of-my-own has hit a barrier called life; but at least I'm getting the rewriting done. Mmm, there must be a connection there, somewhere...

KAREN CLARKE said...

I've never heard of Cash Converters before, Cally, but I like the sound of them!!

I noticed over Christmas, with family staying and all, that I was itching to get back to my writing before long. And my family are lovely (honest!)