Feeling a little bit bleurgh today (I think I might be coming down with something) so only did a couple of thousand words of the rewrite (I meant to do more) but I DID hit 40% done.
Unfortunately I can't do any more until Sunday afternoon and, if I want to keep up with the 3 month schedule I set myself a few blog posting ago, I'll have to rewrite another 5.3% (about 4,300 words). Doable but I'll have to kiss any re-decorating work goodbye to get it done.
I also did some submissions this evening. Because of the novel rewrite I'm not writing as many short stories as normal but I've got about a dozen that need homes, preferably paying ones. My submissions log also looks a bit pitiful (for the first time in ages I've got under 10 subs out there).
So now I've got a small pile of brown A4 envelopes in the middle of the living room floor. 4 stories to go to women's magazines and a flash to a competition.
There's something very satisfying about printing stories out, stapling them, attaching cover letters and a sae, slipping them into envelopes and stacking them up. It's like a small pile of hope.
Tomorrow I'll slip them into the post box. I'll stop short of kissing them but I will wish them luck!
33,419 / 81,887 words rewritten (40.8% of novel)