Hmm. Didn't get a huge amout of rewriting done today but I AM making progress with project 'tart up my flat'.
A couple of builders were in today to transform the hole in my chimney breast (a result of my boiler work I had done at the end of last year) into a 'feature fireplace'. Unfortunately, because the hole was off-centre and because it would have cost thousands of pounds to widen the other side, they had to make the hole narrower to make it central. As a result I have more of a feature 'slot' rather than fireplace but, um, I'm sure it'll look lovely once I've painted it it and put a very long, very skinny candle in it!
But yes, I did some rewriting after they'd left and I've now rewritten 30% of the novel.
Unfortunately I've just hit a bit of a sticky patch. The action has slowed a tad and I need to do some major work on the next few chapters so the novel remains a page-turner rather than a snooze-inducer. I've got some serious cutting and pasting to do!
25,446 / 84,410 word re-written (30.1% of novel)