Sunday, 10 February 2008

Rewrite

Hmm. Didn't get a huge amout of rewriting done today but I AM making progress with project 'tart up my flat'.

A couple of builders were in today to transform the hole in my chimney breast (a result of my boiler work I had done at the end of last year) into a 'feature fireplace'. Unfortunately, because the hole was off-centre and because it would have cost thousands of pounds to widen the other side, they had to make the hole narrower to make it central. As a result I have more of a feature 'slot' rather than fireplace but, um, I'm sure it'll look lovely once I've painted it it and put a very long, very skinny candle in it!

But yes, I did some rewriting after they'd left and I've now rewritten 30% of the novel.

Unfortunately I've just hit a bit of a sticky patch. The action has slowed a tad and I need to do some major work on the next few chapters so the novel remains a page-turner rather than a snooze-inducer. I've got some serious cutting and pasting to do!

25,446 / 84,410 word re-written (30.1% of novel)

6 comments:

Lane said...

Tall skinny candles are very chic:-)

Well done with the rewrite. You're doing great!
x

Helen said...

Well done Cally. You are speeding along - though I'm sure it doesn't always feel like it.

Yvonne said...

Wow 30%! That's a great achievement. Well done on writing at the weekend too, it's not something I can usually cope with!

HelenMH said...

30% is realy good going! Especially when you have so many other things to deal with x

KAREN CLARKE said...

That's great progress considering everything else you've got going on!

We've finally had our shower fixed - two years after it broke down. Yay!

A. Writer said...

You are doing so well! You should give yourself a huge pat on the back! Considering everything else you've got going on - I'm so impressed.