Thursday, 6 March 2008

Rewrite

Wow, I just edited the most boring, waffley chapter of my whole book. I cut TONS of words (okay, about 700). What was I thinking when I wrote that chapter? I must have been distracted by something. I just waffled on and on and on and on and on...

And how did I miss it during the last rewrite?

Rewriting that was hard work. It took HOURS and I only managed 3% of the novel (it felt more like 30%). Glad it's over.

Let's hope the last 35% is a bit easier.

52,070 / 80,065 words rewritten (65.0% of novel)

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh how I am familiar with those chapters! Mind you 700 words is not bad, at your waffliest you must still be precise!

Lane said...

Only 35% to go!

35%!!!!

Go Cal:-)

Nichola said...

It's always sad to kill your darlings but at least you can see the corrections that need to be made.

Cal said...

Yvonne - I probably could have cut more but I'm dangerously close to dipping below 80,000 words and I don't want to do that!

Lane - I know! Progress. Yay!

Nichola - I've killed 20,000 words worth of darlings so far. I hope there aren't going to be many more!

L-Plate Author said...

Ah, but Cal, there will still be plenty of darlings left, won't there. x