Monday, 10 March 2008

What Type of Writer Are You?

Saw this on Karen's blog and couldn't resist trying it myself. Interesting stuff (if a tad unscientific!) as I do see my novel as a film in my mind. One of my critiquers said something about my writing style being 'film-like'. That sounds like a compliment but it may have been a back-handed way of saying I wrote loads of dialogue with too little description!

Hmmm...maybe I should ditch novel writing and be a screenwriter instead? Or maybe not. It's an even more difficult industry to crack!

You Should Be a Film Writer



You don't just create compelling stories, you see them as clearly as a movie in your mind.

You have a knack for details and dialogue. You can really make a character come to life.

Chances are, you enjoy creating all types of stories. The joy is in the storytelling.

And nothing would please you more than millions of people seeing your story on the big screen!

3 comments:

Lane said...

Well there's good money in screen writing Cal:-)

I got 'poet':-(

KAREN said...

It'll come in handy when you're adapting your novel for the big screen :o)

Cal said...

Lane - And I could go on strike an everything :o)

Karen - Ooh I think I'd leave that to someone more knowledgable if I was ever lucky enough to get it made into a film!