Tuesday, 22 April 2008

It feels like summer!


The sun is out and I'm having a late lunch in the park, notebook and pen in hand, cup of tea in front of me. The aim is to try and write a twist in the tale story (or at least a rough draft) in the next 40 minutes. Better get on with it!

Edited to add: I wrote about 3/4 of the story. Just need to type it up, write the ending and then DONE! Or rather...stick it in a drawer, wait a few days, read it through, edit it, print it out, stick it in an envelope, send it off and then DONE!

Sometimes it really is a case of sitting your arse down and going "Brain THINK, fingers WRITE".

Unfortunately I'm much more likely to sit on my arse and go "Brain WATCH SOME CRAPPY TV, fingers PUT CHOCOLATE IN MOUTH."

;o)

5 comments:

Debs said...

It looks a beautiful place to write. Hope it all went well.

HelenMH said...

That is very impressive and inspiring!

Sher said...

Ditto with the crappy TV and chocolate.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

It was beautiful here today, too. Your last sentence made me laugh so thanks for that.

Jumbly Girl said...

So true about the just getting on with it - when I was eighteen a friend told me that if I wanted to be a writer I just had to write and write - I said "yeah right" and sat around (eating chocolate mainly) for years waiting for my novel to magically appear - why didn't I listen!!!

Well done on the 3/4 story - a fine achievement in a lunch break