Last night I decided to type my notebook scribblings into YWriter. There were so many crossings out and scribblings I was finding it hard to read back over what I'd just written so I could continue the story! Transfering it all to YWriter helped clarify things in my mind and I polished the text as I put it in and filled in a few gaps. I also added some bits from my first attempt at novel #2 (the 4,500 words I scrapped a few weeks ago). I may have murdered ALL my darlings in that attempt but that doesn't mean I can't revive some of them for this version :o)
I'm not sure how this approach is going to work long term but it's working okay for now. At least I'm writing and that's the most important thing.
Novel #2 word count: 2,480 / 80,000 words.