Tuesday, 29 April 2008

The Three Sentence Meme

I was tagged by Jumbly Girl to do the three sentence meme. I'm not hugely sure what the point is but I've got five minutes to fill before I go out to watch a thrash metal battle of the bands competition (don't ask!) so here we go...

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

It's 1984 by George Orwell...

"The process of life had ceased to be intolerable, he had no longer any impulse to make faces at the telescreen or shout curses at the top of his voice. Now that they had a secure hiding place, almost a home, it did not even seem a hardship that they could only meet infrequently and for a couple of hours at a time. What mattered was that the room over the junk-shop should exist."

If you're reading this post and you've got a blog consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I did this meme and couldn't figure out 'the point' either.

1984 is a great book.

x

Quillers said...

I've done it too, and ended up giving a bit of sci-fi writing advice from Orson Scott Card...