Friday, 9 May 2008

Novel #2

10% written!

How did that happen?

I'm really behind on my schedule to get it finished by the end of July but....well...I'm not that fussed. I'm still writing (when I can) and enjoying it and that's what's most important.

I put myself under a HUGE amount of pressure to get novel #1 written as quickly as possible last year (and edited as quickly as possible earlier this year) and the rest of my life really suffered as a result (particularly my social life!). By taking my time with novel #2 I actually get to have a life too AND write a short story a fortnight. Earlier this year writing felt like a bit of a chore and an additional stress in my life rather than something I was doing for the love of it so it's good to get some balance back - and actually enjoy it again!

Baby steps...

8,021 / 80,000 words written (10% of novel)

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

That's great progress, I have to say that writing feels like a bit of a chore to me now so it's great to hear that you went through the other side!

HelenMH said...

That's brilliant progress with everything else that's going on.

Tam said...

And a lovely story your first SAF was, too.
Glad you're finding writing a bit easier, I did think the other day when you'd polished of the balloons story in afew hours that you'd recovered nicely from your block.
Fancy doing a bit of my novel??

Debs said...

It's difficult not to put too much pressure on ourselves sometimes and to try and remember that this should be fun too.

Good for you that you're enjoying it again though.

L-Plate Author said...

Hey, congrats. It's great when you get into double figures. Glad it's working out for you now x

L-Plate Author said...

Hey congrats. It's great when you get into double figures. Glad that it is going well for you now x

A. Writer said...

You are enjoying your writing.
That in itself is fantastic.

You are still making great progress with Novel 2 and still managing to have a life. Fab!

B said...

Glad things are going well for you! writing shouldn't be a chore.

Alice said...

Have just discovered your blog. I don't really find writing fun but I'm glad you do. I'd like to be more relaxed about it but don't seem to have found the knack of that.

Alice

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Lots of baby steps add up to one big step - and 10% is definitely a big step. Well done! Keep it up!

Maddie Moon said...

10% is great, well done! It's always satisfying to see the word count creeping up.

Enjoying it though is the main thing. Sometimes I think you need to take a step back and join the real world again, otherwise what would we find to write about!

liz fenwick said...

Brilliant progress and a healthy attitude. Well done!!!