Oh I do like doing a meme sometimes, particularly if I haven't got anything interesting to blog about. Lucy Diamond (author of the brilliant, unputdownable Any Way You Want Me. If you haven't read it, why not? Buy it now!) tagged me for this one...
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I'd just moved to Brighton and was living in a shared house with three strangers (all men) and working as an admin assistant for a computer software company.
Five things on your to-do list for today:
1. Write my hundred words a day (at least) for novel #2
2. Update my spreadsheet to include the two short story rejections I received today (boo!)
3. Wrap belated birthday present for sister in law
4. Do washing up
5. Move bike and recycling box out of hallway so Neighbour's new flatmate can move in (she lives in a one bed flat like me but she's decided to rent out her living room. Money must be really tight!)
What are three of your bad habits?
1. Picking my cuticles (the raggy look is so this season ;o))
2. Ignoring the housework
3. Ignoring the phone
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Write full time, travel the world, buy my brother and his family a house, treat my parents, buy myself a house (in several locations around the world!), employ a chef and personal trainer, hire a stylist (unlike most women I'm not a fan of clothes shopping), give some money to charity, do some charity work, buy a teeny tiny ultra-light laptop and a massive plasma screen TV, adopt some dogs from a sanctuary. God, I could go on...and on...and on....
What are some snacks you enjoy?
Peanut butter on toast
Milk chocolate (most types but particularly Lindt and Milka!)
Salted cashew nuts
Salt 'n vinegar Walkers crisps
What were the last five books you read?
Behind the Scenes at the Museum - Kate Atkinson
The Accidental Mother - Rowan Coleman
Shopaholic and Baby - Sophie Kinsella
31 Dream Street - Lisa Jewell
Haruki Murakami - South of the Border, West of the Sun
What are five jobs you have had?
1. Strawberry and raspberry sorter (yep, you'll get a different grade of strawberry/raspberry depending on which supermarket you buy it from!)
2. Royal mail post room worker (NB: If you write 'fragile' on your parcel chances it'll still get thrown across the room. If you're really lucky it'll make it into a sack rather than end up on the floor)
3. Shipping Co-ordinator
4. Bar person
5. Graphic designer
Five places that you have lived?
5. Bergen (that's in Germany, near Belsen)
SallyQ, A.Writer, Caroline Smailes, Lazy Perfectionista, Tam and anyone else who fancies doing this meme. I love reading the answers!