Friday, 6 June 2008

Self-tanning tips for the stupid

1. If you must leave applying self-tanning spray until the very last minute (so you don't look like a white whale on holiday) do NOT then put on your knee-length boots and walk to the shops. When you get return home and remove said boots you will have developed lovely tanned legs. It's just a shame that the parts of your calves the top of the boots gripped look like they've been striped with white paint.

Not that this happened to me.

Oh no. I wouldn't do something that silly.

*retires to the bathroom with a loofah for an emergency exfoliation session*

11 comments:

Caroline said...

I am sure that YOU wouldn't do something like THAT :)

oh my!
x

Kerry said...

Ah, I know, I know it is very distressing....I had my own painful FT experience recently and am still getting night sweats about Ronseal:

http://kerrys-window.blogspot.com/2008/05/from-my-window_13.html

Apparently the best thing to do is slather yourself in babyoil and then take a long hot bath and shave your legs. Whitening toothpaste (on your legs not your teeth) is another crazy idea but y'know does gave a thread of logic about it.

I mean, that just in case this ever happens to you.... ;)

L-Plate Author said...

Oh I do know what you mean. I thougt mine was dry and put leggins on... It took me ages to work out where the line had come from ;) x

womagwriter said...

Sniggering here.

Sarah*G* said...

I just snorted my soup out my nose, Disgusting but so worth it!!

KAREN said...

Oh dear. I've given up trying to 'self-tan.' It never works!

A. Writer said...

Yep and that's why I stay pale and interesting! lol!

HelenMH said...

Sounds trend setting to me!

Tam said...

I have a great fake tanning story but it's going into my book so I can't share it.
Suffice to say, I'm familiar with the phrase, "You know when you've been Tango'd!"

Debs said...

LOL, I can picture this, poor you. I've done some ghastly things with fake tan, it's never as easy as it looks.

KayJay said...

Ok, so it was me you were talking about. The boots ate my tan. I have been that girl.

I have developed ways over the years to avoid the above (clever old me), but what I can't seem to crack is my feet. How the hell do you get evenly tanned feet? All the brown collects on my toe knuckles. I always end up with freakishly orange toe knuckles. What's that all about?