Tuesday, 1 July 2008

I dreamed I was in my late grandmother's house last night. I was in the spare bedroom, where I slept when staying with her as a child. I crept around the room fully aware there were ghosts about but with no idea if or when they might appear, then lay down on the double bed and turned on the the radio.

When I looked to my left there was my grandmother, lying beside me, slightly blue and sparkling as though a light frost had settled on her. I said hello, not feeling nearly as scared as I thought I'd be lying next to a real live (dead) ghost. Gran didn't like what I was listening to so I changed the radio station and asked her what it was like in heaven.

"Not bad," she said. "We still get all the gossip you know."

8 comments:

Caroline said...

In Malta they believe that if you dream of dead people (who you once knew) then you are about to come into money.

(But you must not tell, as this will stop it from happening)
(so perhaps this is for future reference!)

x

Calistro said...

Caroline - Oooh, will have to remember that for future reference and see if it's true or not. I did get an unexpected £200 rebate from British Gas yesterday so maybe the dream was a bit delayed?

Caroline said...

Nah it won't work now - but you will have that for future reference :)

Honest - it works!

x

KAREN said...

I often dream about my grandparents, but have yet to come into money. Maybe it's a cumulative thing and I'll win the lottery at the end of the year!

Debs said...

How lovely dreaming about her like that.

L-Plate Author said...

I often wake up screaming at the Bloke from Stoke and when he asks me what's wrong, I usually tell him there is a man/woman/dog at the end of the bed and then promptly fall asleep.

I'm never sure whether there is a man/woman/dog at the end of the bed though...x

HelenMH said...

I dream a lot about being in my grandparents' house. But I also dream about people with square faces and beating drums, so I'm nothing to go on ...

Yvonne said...

That is very strange - there's a story in there I think. At least she's still getting the gossip!