Wednesday, 16 July 2008

I *heart* trains

There's something a bit magical about trains sometimes. I'm not sure if it's the (mostly) quiet or the rocking motion or the lack of TV/radio/internet that stimulates the creative brain but the most wonderful thing happened to me on the way home from work tonight.

I wrote the blurb for novel #3!

I didn't even really KNOW what novel #3 was about, I just had a vague idea when, all of a sudden, the first line of my 'blurb' (you know, like they put on the back page of a novel) appeared in my head and before I knew it I'd written a good 200 or 300 words.

And I'm SO excited about this novel. It's pure women's fiction, not a hint of a ghost or a ghoul or anything even vaguely supernatural. It's about relationships. Between women and men and women and women. And I've got a good feeling about this one. I'm going to whisper this bit but I think there may even be a market for it.

There's an agent that asked me to let her know any ideas I had for non supernatural women's fiction. I'm seriously tempted to contact her and send her this blurb (even though NiceMrAgent still has the rewrite of my very supernatural novel #1 and I feel I should wait for his verdict).

What to do?

5 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Send it. But only after you've let it lie for a few days and revised it until you're sure it's as good as you can make it.

Calistro said...

Zinnia - That's a very good point. It's so tempting to get excited about something you've just written and send it off but I need to give it a few days to cool off.

K.Imaginelli said...

Do you have a sense of how much longer Agentman will have your Novel 1 rewrite? If he should have it back to you by the end of summer, I would maybe wait and see what his verdict is. If it seems like he's taking ages to get back to you, it probably wouldn't hurt to prod him and depending on the response, get back to Agentlady. (I have no experience with agents so take above advice with a HUGE box of salt! Jsut thinking about what I would do in teh situation)

KAREN said...

I'd probably contact the agent - I wouldn't be able to resist! It sounds great, I'm intrigued :o)

womagwriter said...

Wow, sounds like you were Touched by the Hand of the Muse, or something like that.

I think I'd be inclined to wait till I've written at least some of it, before contacting the agent. But then, if said agent said to let her know about any ideas, then by all means send it (when you are sober). She might even be able to steer it in the most marketable direction right from the start.