Wednesday, 20 August 2008

2 years and 16 days ago...

...I started this blog.

And I forgot it's blimmin' birthday.


Back in August 2006 I probably imagined I'd be a published author by now.

Ha!

But on the plus side I'd probably never have imagined how many short stories I'd have published (and be paid proper money for too!)

Some of you have been reading this blog for a long time. I know a lot of you found me through my posts about the Miss Write competition and you've stuck with me ever since - though moans and groans and holidays and blog breaks and I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you. For reading the blog. For offering advice. For offering congratulations and commiserations. For giving me awards. For mentioning on your blogs how my blog inspired you to start your own. And for sticking around. It's a great community we've got here in t'internet land and I wouldn't still be blogging if no one was reading.

So please help yourself to a big slice of virtual cake!

Wouldn't it be lovely if, by the blog's 3rd anniversary, I've got myself an agent?

Better get plotting novel #3 then....
p.s. For those with Google Reader you'll have noticed I thought this month was the blogs THIRD birthday not its second. It just feels like I've been blogging for longer! ;o)

13 comments:

Lane said...

Happy Blog Birthday! And congratulations on all your short story successes.

I'm sure you'll be 'agented' and well on the way to novel publication by this time next year:-)

Annie Bright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

My blog was 2 yesterday too :)
Happy blog birthday.
x

Yvonne said...

Happy blog birthday! Here's to a year full of agents and book deals!

Annie Bright said...

Sorry about the delete, I wrote it very early in the morning, and then thought it sounded a bit daft.
Happy Blog Birthday, anyway!

Debs said...

Happy Belated Blog Birthday.

I'm sure you'll have an agent by your next birthday if your success at writing is anything to go by.

Lily Sheehan said...

Awww that made me feel a bit weepy. Its nice to look back on all the achievements. Very well done on all your successes and many more to come. Happy Blog Birthday :)

KAREN said...

Yours was the first blog I ever read, and I'm so glad I did! Here's to many more. You'll soon be blogging about the publication of your novel, I'm sure :o)

(The cake was lovely, by the way)

Paige said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

You've achieved so much in these two years, I have no doubt that by your blog's next birthday you'll have an agent.

HelenMH said...

The virtual cake is lovely! I always find your blog a huge inspiration - so thanks for that!

Bear said...

Happy birthday blog! I love your blog, it was the first I ever wrote on here and whenever I need help or advice I always find it on your pages! thanks for writing such a wonderful blog! :)

SpiralSkies said...

Wow, Happy Blog Birthday. I feel quite honoured that I've been reading for almost as long as you've been here.

I'm awe of all those short story hits of yours... I just rarely say so as I'm too busy gnashing my teeth in envy.

But I did say to someone (though I forget who) that you will undoubtedly be the one from our gang who scores the next big publishing deal. I'm gnashing in anticipation!

I'm smiling in a 'she's gonna do it' way, just in case you can't tell from there. X

Tam said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Calistro's Blog! Happy Brithday to you!
I owe you a drink, m'dear :-)