Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Did I say I'd sold a story to Take a Break Fiction Feast?

Actually it's TWO :o)

I had no idea until the typesetter at Bauer emailed to thank me for sending her my story and could she have the other one too?

"What other story?"

"Did Norah not mention that she wanted to buy XXXX as well?"

No, no she didn't!

Woo hoo!

It's a story I submitted back in March and thought might have got lost in the post (or the rejection had)!

So that's 4 sales to TaB this year and 1 to MyWeekly. I couldn't be happier! Still no closer to cracking Woman's Weekly but I'll do it - even if it takes me years!

Still no news to report on novel #3 although, just as I was falling asleep the other night with the question "How the hell do I structure it?" running through my head, a solution appeared! I jumped out of bed and scribbled down the order of the first few chapters. And it still made sense in the light of day. Hoorah!

In other news "Over You" by Lucy Diamond arrived in the post yesterday as did one of the books on characterisation I mentioned in the previous post. Better go - I've got some reading to do!

p.s. Thanks for all the comments on the title debate. I'm definitely going to stick with the one I came up with. As one of you said - it would probably get changed by the publishers anyway (if I manage to write it, if an agent wants it and if they can sell it to a publishers that is!)

15 comments:

Tam said...

Congrats again, m'dear :-)

Paige said...

Congratulations. Well done you! :)

Sarah*G* said...

Much congratulations to you! Enjoy your new books too.

Kate Lord Brown said...

Congratulations! Love your wordometers - how do you go about getting these (I need a kick up the ... some encouragement shall we say with the next book)?

Yvonne said...

Woohoo you're on a roll! Congratulations!

B said...

Oooh, fantastic! Well done! Let us know when it's out?

Lily Sheehan said...

In the words of Cliff Richard...'Got myself a crying walking' no sorry I mean Congratulations!!

Pat Posner said...

Great news; congratulations.

Why did the typesetter contact you?
Do you have to send an extra copy when a story is accepted?

You'll enjoy 'Over You'.

Calistro said...

Tam - Thanks luv!

Paige - Thank you :o)

Sarah - Thanks! Have already had a quick flick through the characterisation book and REALLY looking forward to getting started on "Over You" on the train tomorrow.

Kate Lord Brown - First off, great name! :o) And welcome to my blog. If you go over to Leigh Forbes's blog (http://leighforbes.blogspot.com) you'll see some instructions on how to insert a word counter onto your blog (Leigh is the very clever inventor of the wordcounter :o)).

Yvonne - Feels a bit like it! But if I'm on the up now that means the lull is just round the corner (I'm such a pessimistic sort ;o))

B - Thanks mate. Will definitely let you know when they're out. Am hoping I can 'do a womag' and get 2 stories in one issue!

Lily - That's excellent. In the words of...ehr...nope, can't think of a song title with 'thank you' in the title.

Pat - When you sell a story to TaB Norah asks you to send an electronic copy of your story to the typesetter at Bauer (who may be an editor too, not sure?)

Annie Bright said...

Congratulations! Well done!

Quillers said...

Well done, Cally. You're living proof that hard work and dedication pays off. :-)

JJ said...

I'm sure I left a comment here yesterday? Am I going mad? Well, anyway, it said pretty much what they all said! Congratulations.

L-Plate Author said...

Whoo hoo indeed. Well done you! x

Debs said...

Congratulations, you're doing so well.

Gonna be a writer said...

Great news. I'm still to work out what floats Norah's boat but I will do or die in the process.