Monday, 2 February 2009

More snow than I've seen in 10 years...

For blog readers who don't live in the UK we've been talking about the weather even more than normal today.

Why?

Because the South East is absolutely covered with snow!

I live at the top of two quite steep hills and woke up to discover students sledging and snowboarding down my street on 'For Sale' and 'To Let' signs!

As one of my friends put it, "How topical is that as an image of current financial and meterological times!"

Here are some pics (click on them to see larger versions):












6 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Love it - it reminds me of my childhood in New England!
lx

KAREN said...

Wonderful isn't it? We've never seen so much snow in the South East! There was definitely a lot of sledging going on round here too :o)

Captain Black said...

Damn, I wish we had hills here.

Kate Lord Brown said...

Cally - it's like being a kid again. Looking out the window at a blizzard in Hants/W Sussex. Happy snowballing x

Gonna be a writer said...

I spent great chinks of yesterday as a Northerner speaking to my good friend and colleague in the South East. We'd both faced our own challanges to get into work (his were way funnier than mine) but there was so little that we could do that we just swapped snow stoies instead. It was great fun.

womagwriter said...

It's fab isn't it! We even had snow here in Bournemouth. When I lived in Brighton I lived one year in Woodingdean up on the hill, and we were snowed in for a couple of days - the 3 roads out of the village were all blocked.