Monday, 2 March 2009

Now you see me...

...now you don't!

I seem to have got into the habit of not blogging. I blame it on lots of things but mostly my current obsession - Twitter. I seem to have got into the habit of writing less than 140 characters in a row so balk at the thought of writing a proper blog entry!

There are lots of things I want to blog about. Like...
  • the Psychic Fair I went to the other weekend (all in the name of research for my novels!)
  • the fact my Thailand writing holiday has been cancelled (due to lack of numbers) and I'm trying to decide what to do instead
  • the fact that my Story a Fortnight group is going great guns. The girls (for I have been slack and not written a story in 6 weeks) have chalked up 13 sales already this year (last year we sold 10 in nine months!)
  • the fact that Lane and I have both had stories accepted for the Twitter Titters comedy book in aid of Comic Relief and we're sharing book space with that famous comedian off the telly (and co-writer of Phoenix Nights) David Spikey! Details of how to buy a copy from Lulu.com, all proceeds to Comic Relief, coming soon!
  • the fact that I'm 6,500 words behind my schedule for novel 2 but I'm not freaking out about it
  • the fact I've got two trips to Europe planned in the next month
...but I just haven't got time!

Turns out that having a full time job (which involves a 4 hour commute two days a week), a publishing contract, various social networking sites and a social life doesn't leave much time for anything else. But I haven't stopped blogging, promise. I will be back...

8 comments:

HelenMHunt said...

You have so much on your plate, I'm amazed you have time to blog at all. Yey for you and Lane getting accepted for Twitter Titters, and Yey for SAF!

JJ said...

Lots of news in that post! Yes, it's sad about the writing holiday... I hope you find something to do anyway. I think I'm UK bound.

liz fenwick said...

Hey Cally - sorry about Thailand as I know you were looking forward to it.

Great news on the Twitters Titters for you and Lane :-)
lx

Yvonne said...

Wonderful news about the twitter titters story! And two trips coming up, I'm very jealous. We'll be here when you get back!

KAREN said...

Brilliant news about the Twitters - and everything else really. Apart from the writing holiday. That sucks. Is it too late to book a writing holiday somewhere else?

Carol and Chris said...

Congratulations on the Twitter Titters :-)

C x

Yummy Mammy said...

And I thought I had a busy life!!! I hope you have a glitzy, sequined SuperWoman cape ;-)

Captain Black said...

Actually, I quite like this "digest mode" you have of blogging. It lets me catch up on your news without having my RSS feed input (and my poor brain) overloaded every day.

Pity about your Thailand trip. I'm sure you'll come up with a suitable alternative.