Friday, 22 May 2009

8 Things Meme

My blog has been a teeny bit angsty and very 'me and my book' recently so I've decided to rectify that a bit.

I was going to blog about how busy I am at work, how stressed I am as I try to sell my flat and how I'm struggling to balance a social life and writing but, er, well, that's all a bit angsty isn't it?!

So, to keep in line with my previous post, I'm going to steal content from someone else's blog again. This time I'm stealing the 8 things meme from Karen!

8 Things I look forward to

1. Holidays (I'm off on a Skyr0s writing holiday (Imagination and Voice) a week today and I...CAN...NOT...WAIT!)

2. Holding my published book in my hands for the first time

3. Finishing the first draft of book 2

4. Finishing the edits of book 2

5. Getting back to writing a few short stories for SAF

6. Chocolate

7. Seeing my niece

8. Weekend lie-ins


8 Things I did yesterday

1. Hid my dirty washing in my wardrobe because my laundry basket was over-flowing (see point 2)

2. Wandered round a crematorium remembrance garden in the sunshine (I was wiling away half an hour while someone viewed my flat)

3. Went to see 'A View from the Bridge' (by Arthur Miller) at the Theatre Royal. It was absolutely AMAZING and I recommend everyone sees it if they can.

4. Ate a Graze box containing chopped apple, chilli rice crackers and BBQ cashews (if you want to try one for free go to www.graze.com and enter the code WTGJVYMA)

5. Opened YWriter to see how many words I need to write a day to finish novel 2 by 6th June (six months from start of 1st draft). Realised it had gone up to 1,047. Closed YWriter.

6. Twittered

7. Returned from theatre and used the Virgin OnDemand function to watch the latest episode of Katie & Peter

8. Read some more of Kate Harrison's excellent "The Secret Shopper's Revenge".


8 Things I wish I could do

1. Worry less.

2. Sing.

3. Fly

4. Travel by blinking my eyes and then magically appearing in my chosen destination

5. Cook

6. Procrastinate less

7. Play a musical instrument really well

8. Lose weight without exercising more or eating less


8 Shows I watch

1. Heroes

2. Lost

3. America's Next Top Model

4. Katie and Peter

5. 24

6. Grey's Anatomy

7. The Apprentice

8. Jools Holland

If you'd like to do this meme too - just steal it!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Great answers, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches ANTM!!

The writing holiday sounds amazing, and I wish I could travel by blinking too :o)

Helen said...

You have mentioned ywriter in a positive way so many times I thought I would check it out. Do you actually write the words in this programme or export from word each time (sorry if that is a stupid question!)

Also do you take advantage of all the other stuff to organise your work? Like writing notes on each chapter. Bascially should I download it too?! I need to organise my thoughts.

Amanda said...

I love reading about 'you and your book' :-))

Great answers!

Debs said...

Great answers, but I love hearing about your book and everything that's happening.

Your holiday in Skyros sounds wonderful.

Calistro said...

Karen - Oh god no, I'm addicted. I watch BNTM too but it's a bit of a poor relative! ;)

Helen - Yep, I write the words straight into YWriter but make sure I export the project as an rtf after every writing session (and then email it to myself as back up!). I write little notes into the chapters and scenes too - not all the time but if I suddenly think of something I need to add or change during the edit. I DEFINITELY recommend it. It's SO useful for organising your thoughts. I'd never write straight into Word again!

Amanda/Debs - Thank you. I'm sure there will be more 'me and my book' posts soon!

Debs - I hope the holiday's as good as I'm hoping. Hell, ANY holiday right now would be a good thing, even a bad one! *touch wood* ;)