Sunday, 18 October 2009

Heaven Can Wait Virtual Book Tour - Day 4 (why I wrote my novel, dealing with rejection, editing novels)

Today I'm very excited to be visiting Caroline's blog (somewhere in North-West England) for the fourth day of my tour.

I started reading Caroline's blog back in 2006, when she was still reeling from the news that Clare Christian, then MD of The Friday Project, had read an online extract of her novel "In Search of Adam" and wanted to publish it.

Caroline's excitement was tangible and I eagerly followed her blog, desperate to find out more about the reality of getting your book published. I was hugely encouraged by Caroline's story. To me she was living proof that dreams can come true (sorry, I know sound like an X Factor contestant, I'm a bit obsessed with the series this year) and it made me chase my own dream even more urgently.

Caroline has since had her second book "Black Boxes" published and her third book "Like Bees to Honey" will be published by The Friday Project (Harper Collins) in May 2010.

As well as being a hugely successful author Caroline is a very nice person and incredibly generous with her advice. She's so nice in fact that that when she introduced herself to the woman who worked in her local post office the woman replied, "Oooh, so you're nice Caroline."

Anyway, Caroline interviewed me for this leg of my virtual book tour and a strange thing happened when I was answering the questions - firstly I got a bit fixated about Marcia from the Brady Bunch (you'll see), then I made myself cry when I talked about my 'journey into publication', and then I pulled myself together and talked about rejection letters, editing novels and, er, how I know Simon Cowell.

You know you want to find out...

http://www.carolinesmailes.co.uk/heaven-can-wait-cally-taylor

Tomorrow I'm off to visit the lovely ladies at 'Strictly Writing' where I'll talk about my favourite writing snack, the authors I'd invite to dinner and reveal whether I'd rather land a Booker prize or get Hollywood film deal...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Awww, bless! We've come a long way, haven't we? But, seriously, how scary is that photo of me :) x

RKCharron said...

Hi Cally :)
Thank you for the update post.
I loved that interview on Caroline's site.
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

Calistro said...

Caroline - It's a lovely photo. What are you on about? You're nice not scary!

RKCharron - I'm so glad you liked the interview :)