Thursday, 1 October 2009

A very special delivery!

I had a feeling I knew what was in the box when the delivery man handed it over to me.

I carried it up the stairs.

Put it on the sofa.

And carefully ripped off the lid (for once in my life I actually followed the instructions on which side to open).

Look what I found inside...



I stared at them.

And I stared at them.

And I stared at them some more (I just couldn't take it in).

Then I picked one up.

And I touched the cover, running my finger over the gold lettering.

Then opened it.

And saw my words inside.

I went on Twitter and shared my excitement/astonishment/sense of unreality with the world.

And people wrote such lovely things.

Such, such, lovely things.

And re-tweeted my excitement and told more people.

And my Twitter account was going 'Ping, ping, ping!' as more and more people said congratulations and well done and it's so pretty and I can't wait to read it.

I wrote back to all of them, thanking them, feeling like I was living in a dream.

And then I wrote "I've wanted to be an author since I was EIGHT YEARS OLD. And now I am."

And then I burst into tears.




And then someone told me I should stack my books up in a big pile and take a photo.

So I did.



They're still there. Still stacked up in my living room.

I keep walking in, just to check.

38 comments:

Queenie said...

You did it! Hurrah for you!

me said...

Wow!! That is so cool!! Well done!! It must be an amazing feeling. Can't wait for it to happen to me.

May have to check out your book too!!

Congratulations and all the best!

Tam said...

But they are so pretty and wonderful. Remember this, always :-)
x

L-Plate Author said...

WOW, that is one huge pile! I am so chuffed for you xxxxxx

T.L. Byford said...

That is awesome. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the experience.

~t

Lane said...

Oh
so
Lovely.

Congratulations my girl.

Biddy said...

This is making me smile still! YAY!! I can't wait until it comes out.

HelenMHunt said...

Amazing. Enjoy the moment.

Jumbly Girl said...

Totally fantastic - they look amazing - loving it for you!

B said...

soooooooo exciting! first you're on a page with ant and dec, then you're in spanish, and now this! i'm so excited for you :) and i so can't wait to read it! congratulations x

Fia said...

So excited for you.

Well done, you deserve it.

Lost Wanderer said...

Congratulations. They are wonderful. There is a movie called "Heaven can Wait" and everytime I see it listed in the tv guide, I think of you and your book.

Adam said...

Woo!

That's brilliant!

Congratulations. :)

Adam

JJ Beattie said...

Brilliant - so brilliant.

Colette said...

Congratulations - you deserve this.

Bernadette said...

That is so lovely.

kim mcgowan said...

Super, super, supersuper! Congratulations for all that talent and hard work - and you weren't 8 all that long ago you know.
kim x

SueG said...

Fantastic! Now, go join "Society of Authors" (if you haven't already. That will REALLY make you feel real!

Nik Perring said...

Utterly wonderful.

Congratulations,author.

Nik

Debs said...

You deserve to do well. Am soooo excited and thrilled for you.

That cover is gorgeous, isn't it?

Cathie said...

Congratulations! That's so lovely. Well done.

'scuse me, I just have to go get a hankie and wipe that little tear..

Karen said...

OMG! How gorgeous!

The realisation of a dream - I can imagine how surreal it must feel, even with proof in your hands.

You've worked so hard and totally deserve it :o)

Captain Black said...

That's just beautiful. It must be so fantastic for a dream to come true like this. I'm grinning all over my face on your behalf. Also, if I'm totally honest, there may be a little droplet in my eye. Very pleased for you.

Maddie Moon said...

Ah, brilliant, Cally! Very well done and deserved.

Shauna said...

Oh what a magical moment... congratulations! :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Must be an amazing feeling. I'll definitely be buying it :)

Keris said...

Oh, that made me cry! Congratulations again.

Lis Garrett said...

YAY! That's got to be one of the best feelings ever, and I certainly understand the tears. Congratulations!

Josefine said...

Congratulations! It must be an amazing feeling.
I also saw your book being mentioned at Trashonista.com at their Friday Four

Kate Lord Brown said...

Yey! You did it! You did it!! *does little victory dance for you* This is the moment we all dream of - well done x

Lily Sheehan said...

Am soooo happy for you. Well done!

Affy-Ann said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations! Like I said on Twitter, these are photos of a dream come true. ^_^ So happy for you!

Hodmandod said...

Lovely moment, isn't it? It looks gorgeous, well done. Josa Young

womagwriter said...

Ahhhhh! Brilliant!

Kelly said...

Oh honey that is just so fabulous and wonderful and exciting.

Thomas Taylor said...

:-)

Pen said...

That is so awesome Cally! I want to cry with pure happiness for you. Perhaps one day soon it'll be me staking my book up in the living room. They look amazing!

Jesse Owen said...

A very belated Congratulations.

I found your blog from Nicola Morgan's and I will be coming back now off to go and buy Heaven Can Wait :)

Congratulations again