Monday, 7 December 2009

My launch party!

It was my launch party on Saturday and it was THE BEST night ever! I was so touched that so many people turned up, so overwhelmed by the lovely things people said, and so embarrassed to be sung to/stared at/give a speech. But more than anything I was just joyfully happy. It really was amazing.

I don't know if I've mentioned it (oh yes Cally, about fifteen squillion times) but I'm moving house this week so don't know if I'll find time to write a full review of my launch party (I will do it at some point, promise).

But for now, if you're curious, Queenie has written a fab blog post about it:

http://qwertyqueen.blogspot.com/2009/12/saturday-nights-alright-for-launching.html

12 comments:

Queenie said...

Glad to be of service! Hope the move goes well.

ChrisH said...

Aw! So glad you enjoyed it - that's brilliant. Good luck with the move. Now scuttling off to Queenie's!

Bernadette said...

Gosh - I read that last comment as 'good luck with the movie' and thought I'd missed something!! Well, I'm sure it won't be long!

So sorry to have missed your party - but I'm sure there will be many others. Glad you all had such a fab time.

Fionnuala Kearney said...

Twas a great night Cally- wonderful to witness your success unfolding and to finally meet some fellow bloggers. (Note to self - must blog today...) Thanks for the invite and good luck with the move.

Karen said...

It was a wonderful evening - glad to have been a small part of it all :o)

Good luck with the move!

Kate Harrison said...

Really sad I couldn't be there, Cally, but glad it was a terrific night! Hoping to see the photos some time soon?

Kate xx

Tam said...

Yay, it was a champion night and so lovely to see you getting what you deserved (in an extremely nice way!). Here's to the next one :-)

Xuxana said...

Wish I could have been there!
I love your blog, so I've given you a reward for it on our family blog:

http://korbtaylorfamily.blogspot.com/

Derek said...

Congratulations Cally. It's a compelling idea and the reviews are good. And you're signed to DLA! Wishing you all the best. Derek

Alberto García Sánchez said...

Hi, first sorry for my rude way to introduce myself. The point is this: A few days ago COI refused Madrid as Olympic city for 2016. Here some people are asking why...so that my question...what do you think should have a city for this terms...may it´s a bored question but, try to write about it...ok? Than you very much.
We are trying to continue the olympic cerrer for 2020, but our politicians are not very...uhmm..."pure intentional", so it may be come from common people. (sorry about my english too)

LilyS said...

It was a great night and I thank you for inviting me. Everyone was so nice. Hope the move went well.

jhonz_jr said...

lol