Saturday, 19 March 2011

Day 19 - 30 Day Music Challenge

A song from your favourite album...

I haven't got one favourite album I've got several so, to make it easy on myself and because I've listened to it most recently, I'm going to choose 'OK Computer' by Radiohead.

I've been trying to track it down on vinyl for a few weeks now (vinyl is the new black!) and finally got my grubby hands on a copy last weekend. It's an absolute masterpiece of an album and this is my favourite track...

'Paranoid Android' by Radiohead (playing live on Jools Holland)



(Annoyingly I can't embed the video, which is brilliant. Go here if you want to see it).

In other news... reviews of my second novel - Himmelsk├╝sse, the German edition - are starting to appear on the web. I've found 3 so far and they've all been 5/5 star reviews!

As you've probably figured, if you're a regular reader of this blog, writing the second novel (both versions!) has been somewhat of a trial and I couldn't be more delighted (and relieved) with the response it's getting. I just hope the UK version is as well received when it comes out later this year.

There's a link to a 5/5 star review on a German chicklit review website on my Facebook page if you want a peek!

Your turn! A song from your favourite album please...

8 comments:

Bernadette said...

Oh, too hard again! Favourite album? Just one? So I'll pick an album I've loved for ages and can't imagine I'll ever tire of which is David Bowie 'Ziggy Stardust'. Great album overall, 'Rock 'n' Roll Suicide' one of the best tracks on it.

Fantastic news about the reviews! Well done you.

Nik Perring said...

Ooh cool choice! That is a rather splendid song.

And I'm with Bernadette too - Ziggy's a wonderful album.

Here's my offering, from a current favourite album (there are sooo many). I think it's gorgeous (and it's not even Suede!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79yI8m_QY_0

womagwriter said...

I think my favourite album is The Long Black Veil - the Chieftains with various guest artists. Favourite song on it is She Moved Through the Fair, sung here by Sinead O'Connor. Hauntingly beautiful.

Queenie said...

A fave album for ages after I got a copy last year was Paolo Nutini's 'Sunny Side Up', and my favourite song was 'Pencil Full Of Lead'. I'm past the must-play-it-every-day stage, so it doesn't quite feel like a current favourite any more, but I haven't loved anything quite as much since so it'll have to do for now.

Cally said...

Bernadette/Nik - I'm with you on the Bowie album, it's a classic!

Nik - That's really chilled. Right up my street.

Womag - I just listened to that on YouTube and realised that I know the song! Think Simple Minds covered it on an album I've got! Lovely song.

Cally said...

Womag - Found the version I know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJtcWVj_eM

Cally said...

Queenie - That song makes me grin whenever I hear it. Pencil full of lead! *snigger*

Nik Perring said...

Cally - I've emailed ya!