Sunday, 20 March 2011

Day 20 - 30 Day Music Challenge

A song you listen to when you're angry...

Out of all the challenges this is probably the easiest one for me to answer! I've loved this song since I was at Uni in the early 90s. The second I heard the first couple of chords I'd charge, full of cider and black, onto the dance floor of Newcastle's finest grotty indie/grunge clubs. Then I'd stomp from side to side in my para boots, my hands clasped behind my back and headbang until my neck could take it no more.

(I mentioned that I can't dance didn't didn't I?!)

I still absolutely love this album, find it brilliant to run to and if I'm angry it definitely gets played.

Here's 'Killing in the Name' by Rage Against the Machine



What song do you listen to when you're angry?

6 comments:

Queenie said...

Queen - I Want To Break Free. Love it.

Bernadette said...

I don't think I do if I'm really angry. I'm much more likely to throw a few things then go for a walk.

However, if I'm just a bit hacked off and feel the world is against me I'd probably go for The Pretenders 'Brass in Pocket'.

Captain Black said...

Yes it's f****** political by Skunk Anansie.

Cally said...

Queenie - Now there's an anthem!

Bernadette - What do you throw?! :)

Captain - Tune! Saw them at Sonisphere last year and they were brilliant.

Nik Perring said...

I think it might be this for me. Must say I'm a bit like Bernadette in that I probably don't tend to listen to music if I'm really angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2M7snEx1zs

Bernadette said...

I have been known to throw the odd tantrum, Cally, but as far as physical objects go I'm too tight to throw breakable things (and too lazy to clear up the mess afterwards)even if I'm really angry, so it tends to be cushions or the like. Though I do remember a phone going across the room once...