Monday, 21 March 2011

Day 21 - 30 Day Music Challenge

A song you listen to when you're happy...

Okay rubbish music challenge I think you're starting to repeat yourself here! But I'll answer anyway.

Yesterday was absolutely GLORIOUS so, after completing my edits (well, nearly. My editor sent me 16 minor edits and I've done 13/16 of them. The other 3 have gone back to her asking for clarification) I decided to go for a stroll. A fairly hefty FIVE MILE stroll as it turned out - to Brighton Marina and back!

I set my mp3 player to 'random' and when this song came on I couldn't help but grin. Sunshine and Stevie Wonder. What more could a girl want?!*



*chocolate and wine obviously but it's hard to swig from a bottle while you're walking!

Your turn - what was the last song you heard that put a spring in your step?

8 comments:

Bernadette said...

Bye bye street cred - though that happened a long time ago, didn't it?

Kylie - 'Spinning around'

(I saw 'the shorts' at the V&A exhibition and I couldn't have got them on my arm!)

Queenie said...

Yep, I'm back to Paolo Nutini's 'Pencil Full Of Lead' (I know what you mean about the snigger). Although if it's summer, it might be Bob Marley's 'Three Little Birds'. Or even the Isley Brothers' 'Summer Breeze', that's a good song to accompany happiness, even if its lyrics are a bit right-off by today's standards.

Quillers said...

I only scheduled this the other day and can't remember what I picked! (trots off to look at blog schedule....) Oh yeah. Who Loves You by The Four Seasons though I've got the Jersey Boys version from youtube as that's pretty good too.

Love this Stevie Wonder track but his favourite of mine is Living For The City.


Bernadette, I like 'Spinning Around' too.

Bernadette said...

And I would have picked 'Who Loves You' if I'd remembered it.

Or david essex 'Gonna make you a star' !

Quillers said...

I never got the David Essex thing, sorry. Though I do remember singing along to that song. It was impossible not to.

Cally said...

Bernadette - I hate to think how small those shorts are!

Queenie - Oooh I do love a bit of Bob Marley. Nothing says summer music like a bit of Bob :)

Sally - That's a top Stevie track too. The man can do no wrong - apart from the duet with Blue so let's quickly skirt over that...

Bernadette - David Essex was one of my first ever crushes when he was in that riverboat programme (in the 80s?)!

Quillers said...

Cally, you are also forgetting the monstrosity that was 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'.

But, we'll forgive Stevie that and Blue. Oh and Ebony and Ivory with McCartney.

I think I'd better shut up now...

Cally said...

Quillers - Hmmm maybe I should amend my statement to 'Stevie Wonder can do no wrong PRE 1980!' The 80's have a lot to answer for when it comes to crimes against music!