Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Day 22 - 30 Day Music Challenge

A song that you listen to when you’re sad...

Hmm, what was it I was saying yesterday about this challenge repeating itself?!

Funnily enough, a couple of days ago I remembered a song that I think might just be one of the saddest songs EVER! While yesterday's song ('Once in my life' - Stevie Wonder) was all about having love in your life this song is about the pain of unrequited love. I think it's brilliantly painful (if that makes sense) and if a film was ever made of Novel 2 this song would SO feature on the soundtrack...

'I Can't Make You Love Me' - Bonnie Raitt.



Is there a sad bit in your novel? What song would you choose for the soundtrack?

7 comments:

Bernadette said...

ELO 'Steppin out' is sort of inspiring, but I find it terribly sad.

Keris said...

I was listening to It Just Is by Rilo Kiley when I had the idea for the novel I got my agent and deal with (not Della). Sad song, but I LOVE it.

Karen said...

I can't listen to music when I'm sad, it makes me feel worse!

Quillers said...

Bonnie Rait has a wonderful voice. This is so bittersweet. I've picked Bridge Over Troubled Water for this one, as whilst it's inspirational, there's also something poignant about it, imo.

Cally said...

Bernadette - I'd never heard that song before. Listened to it on youtube and it really reminds me of someone/a group but can't figure out who...

Keris - I hadn't heard of that song, or band, either! It's really lovely.

Karen - I know what you mean but I do like a good sad music wallow sometimes!

Quiller - Aw, classic song! I do like a bit of Simon and Garfunkel.

Queenie said...

When I'm sad, I don't listen to sad songs. 'Don't Give Up' (Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush) is a favourite, also 'Why Worry?' by Dire Straits.

Cally said...

Queenie - Don't give up is a beautiful, tender song. Love the video too.